Support Specialist - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Baltimore, MD
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 229605
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
Assists with routine equipment installation, trial runs and service activity runs to ensure that it meets specifications. Provides assistance with training customers to maintain and adjust routine equipment. Performs routine maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc. and completes required service or systems paperwork. Assists with responding to routine service or systems calls.
· Participates, in the implementation and/or performs startup and commissioning for equipment that has been newly installed. Assists with the routine performance of System Preparation, startup & commissioning: provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database; understands job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); supports the upload of point database, assists with the modification of graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
· Network Technologies: Participates with verification of point database and programming operations that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; assists with back up data from data servers and/or with creation of automated backup procedure; supports troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed.
· Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces. Supports the confirmation of proper network performance.
Project Site Communication and Coordination: May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed.
· Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs routine reports to review system operation. Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action. Participates in final inspection and testing; supports the assurance of customer acceptance; assists with training of customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· HS diploma or equivalent required.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Demonstrates a basic knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
· Generally, up to 2 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred
· Knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations preferred.
· Working engineering and programming background preferred.