MBSE Principal Engineering Services Engineer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 229610
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Livonia
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
We are seeking Senior Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Solution
Architect who understands customer requirements, develops solution architecture and deployment strategies for MBSE across organizations in the
automotive industry. This position involves understanding customer
needs for collaborative simulation based design methods and processes
for Automotive Systems both at the vehicle level and key subsystems
level such as Powertrain, Chassis and Body E&E. The Solution Architect
will conceptualize and lead deployment of processes and methodologies
working with multiple groups within customer organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a senior consultant for processes and methodologies on
Siemens customer engagements in the area of MBSE process deployment.
• Develop business strategies and technical approaches to engaging with
customers on their MBSE deployment initiatives.
• Interact deeply with customers to develop “AS-IS” map of the process,
methods and tools to describe the status of Model-Based Systems
Engineering within organizations.
• Create and maintain standard customizable development and deployment
strategy templates to assist customers in their MBSE initiatives.
• Prepare and present recommendations and solution architecture on how
organizations can transform their business processes to leverage MBSE
in their product development activities.
• Guide the Siemens process development and deployment support teams to
craft the right customer specific solutions.
• Lead and mentor a consulting team that can engage with worldwide
customers on Engineering Services related to MBx initiatives.
• Work closely with the Engineering Services team to identify and
further develop technologies and methods that can be packaged as
solution templates in MBx engagements.
Education: MS or PhD in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering
with specialization in systems engineering related topics.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 4-6 years of Model Based Development experience preferably in
advanced engineering or product development in the automotive industry
followed by 3-5 years of experience developing solutions for multiple
automotive companies deploying MBSE methods.
• Experience in developing engineering design solutions in a
collaborative distributed team environment with shared modeling and
• Deep experience in analyzing and solving engineering problems using
functional and behavioral modeling and simulation of automotive
powertrain or chassis systems.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills in a dynamic team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Technical Skills – Experience with following tools
• Systems Engineering related and collaborative engineering tools such
as those from Siemens PLM, IBM Rational, Vector, etc.
• Functional and behavioral simulation tools such as AMESim®, Dymola®,
Maplesim for systems design and analysis.
• Controls development tools such as MATLAB® Simulink®, Stateflow®
• Developing and using MIL, SIL and HIL technologies in product