Administrative Assistant 4
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 229625
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Administrative Assistant provides support to the InVivo Northeast and Central service regions, including senior management (Vice President), Senior Managers (RSM’s) & transactional for customer support engineers (CSE’s). The primary objective of the Administrative Assistant is to enable the service leadership team to focus more on customers and employees and less on tasks and projects that the Administrative Assistant will accomplish independently on leadership’s behalf.
Participates in the preparation of presentations, reports, spreadsheets and other documents. Organizes assigned individuals’ email inbox (Outlook or other email application). Efficiently schedules meetings relating to specified individuals using Outlook. Participates in the maintenance of and can navigate database information. Supports the organization and maintenance of office supplies/files. Organizes meetings, including catering and reserving of conference rooms, and accommodations. May reconcile expense and/or time & attendance reports. Schedules resources such as people, meetings, appointments, rooms, and equipment; answers telephone calls, takes messages, responds to questions and directs callers to appropriate parties, as necessary; sorts and distributes mail, files. Drafts and edits semi complex memos and other correspondence. Compiles data from several sources to create reports for regular team distribution. Assists with on-boarding new personnel, preparing InVivo new-hire packets, & creating job postings. At times, will be reaching out to external customers to schedule appointments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office & Microsoft Outlook
- Occasional (up to 20%) travel required for regional meetings, training, etc.
- Ability to work in a remote / home based position as needed
- Preparing and distributing customized reporting packages by pulling and formatting data from a variety of sources.
- Skills to proactively anticipate the needs and requirements of the leadership team being supported and act upon those requirements independently.
- Ability to meet with customers (at trade shows, business reviews, etc. as requested)
- Administering transactional support for procurement, expense reporting, time cards, travel arrangements, distribution lists/employee communications, liaise across zones, etc.
- Typically, 5 to 10 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Experienced in the following areas
- Managing time for oneself and others (meetings, calls, etc.)
- Adaptability within a flexible work force and schedules
- Build rapport and relationships internally & externally
- Strong teamwork, leadership, & communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with meeting planning/execution
- Working within a complex matrix environment
- Developing presentations for displaying key metrics for supported teams
- Writing newsletters & employee communications
- Developing customer facing correspondence and reports
- Managing procurement of supplies and materials for large remote team