Energy Management Products Sales Professional
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 229626
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a US Federal Government focused organization structured to help address national imperatives in energy, infrastructure, automation and marine platforms.
Siemens is a leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions and services for safe, reliable and smart transmission, distribution and protection of electrical energy. Our portfolio includes systems for low, medium and high voltage distribution power grids, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems.
As an Energy Management Products Sales Professional you will be responsible for managing a successful and profitable relationship with contractors, being responsive to their Requests for Quotes (RFQs) with highly competitive and fully compliant quotes and proposals and working with them to create the most cost effective solutions. This position will interface and work collaboratively with Siemens partner sales offices and associated Siemens factories to realize will be expected to generate measurable and progressive growth each successive year in the Federal space.
· Build-upon existing and develop new relationships with Prime and Electrical Contractors who have a successful track record of wining and executing projects in the Federal market
· Work collaboratively with the Siemens sales team and factories to increase market capture for Siemens across a broad suite of electrical products
· Lead the preparation of proposals, proposal work statements and specifications, and financial terms/conditions of the proposal to ensure that the final submitted proposal is both competitive and compliant to the RFQ
· Ensure that any classified documents or conversations are properly safeguarded and take all required actions to commercialize any such documents or conversations such that Siemens factories and receive and quote commercial product in a compliant manner.
· Develop a pipeline of all projects with a comprehensive strategy to support the bidders in order to maximize the opportunity for Siemens.
· Meet as-necessary with relevant stakeholders of Federal end customers and their contracted designers to ensure that they are fully knowledgeable of Siemens advance products and solutions
· Subsequent to a project award to Siemens, stay-engaged with all stakeholders to monitor for any problems so that they can be escalated and remedied as necessary
· Provide regular updates to team and management on work performed, plans, budget and overall status.
· Must be a United States Citizen, with no dual citizenship or ties to any other country.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
· Minimum eight (8) years of electrical sales experience with documented results.
· Experience with US Federal Government projects, contracts, policies and procedures
· Experience in identifying and implementing cost savings measures within an RFQ.
· Experience with low and medium voltage product solutions.
· Knowledge of complex metering and data controller solutions
· Highly developed business acumen
· Ability to build alliances to form strong, effective teams
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to interact with and present complex issues to multi-level audiences of the company, stakeholders and government executives
· Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customers
· Ability to effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external customers
· Excellent project take off capabilities with ability to complete an large project take off in 5 – 10 days
· Technically minded, detail oriented and computer savvy with MS Office
· Sales or other experience in embassy or other cleared OCONUS projects
· Knowledge of Siemens low and medium voltage product solutions.
· Knowledge of the Siemens COMPAS system well
· Existing Secret or higher federal government security clearance
Must be US citizen with no dual citizenship and have ability to obtain federal government security clearance