Business Unit: Technology
Requisition Number: 229641
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Hutchinson
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Purpose of Position:
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) is a dominant player in the global wind turbine market and maintains its position by offering state-of-the-art products made possible by a team of exceptional employees. At our Wind Turbine Nacelle assembly factory in Hutchinson, KS, SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for an experienced Mechanical Engineer position. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group of experts that will work cohesively to solve design, cost and technology challenges.
• Primary responsibility for wind turbine nacelle mechanical systems that are in production.
• Participate as a technical expert in the evaluation of wind turbine mechanical systems including but not limited to the areas of electro-mechanical yaw system, fluid cooling systems and mechanical structures.
• Responsible for day to day operations engineering support to the plant.
• Responsible for providing engineering dispositions to the non-conformance (NC) cases reported by the factory.
• Support Procurement group on clarifying technical specifications to vendors on NCs.
• Support factory on making root cause analysis and developing technical solutions to issues.
• Work with Solution Owner Engineers globally to make design changes on the responsible components following the internal process.
• Exhibit an ability to diagnose issues with running equipment or equipment in production, based on factory reports and communication.
• Capable of providing a detailed repair instruction and bill of materials, which result in increased equipment availability and reliability.
• Create and analyze technical reports necessary to document the steps of the NC disposition.
• Generate cost-out measures and ensure implementation.
• Ensure time to market and quality in the deliveries to our projects.
• Responsible for collaborating with regional and global teams to ensure designs are corrected or developments are carried out to resolve design issues.
• Ensure best practices and lessons learned are shared across platforms to facilitate knowledge sharing and encourage collaboration.
• BS degree in relevant engineering field from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant engineering experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Preferred experience in the areas of equipment design and manufacture, machine shop principles, and machine repair practices.
• Knowledge of mechanical structures and analysis (welding, casting, and forgings).
• Strong analytical skills and theoretical background in mechanical systems.
• Hands on experience with 3D CAD design systems to aid in the design process.
• Expertise and experience with SAP, TeamCenter and NX.
• Excellent communication skills required.
• Strong team player and familiar with working in large matrix organizations.
• Knowledge and experience with Wind Power products and SGRE Design methodology preferred.
• Ability to travel 20%.