Engineering Technician - Mfg Equipment Maintenance
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 229675
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Engineering Technician 3
- Responsible for the continuous operation of production equipment.
- Identifying/troubleshooting problems as they occur and then taking appropriate steps to resolve.
- Making effective repairs to equipment in accordance with documented procedures.
- Support Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance Testing of new equipment.
- Support Engineering with new equipment installation and validation activities.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and documenting activities.
- Adhere to safety procedures and maintain safe work environment.
- Provide training to setup mechanics and operations personnel.
- Work closely with engineers and operations management to fulfill internal customers' needs and communicate results.
- Provide scheduled overtime and on call support
- Experience supporting complex production equipment for Medical Diagnostics Industry.
- Experience troubleshooting liquid filling, labeling and packaging machinery is preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in the area of mechanical, electrical, electronic, and PLC driven systems.
- Able to utilize mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, pneumatic diagrams, computers and computer control systems.
- Must be able to work independently with limited support.
- Associate degree or 1 - 2 years vocational technical training in engineering, controls or automation is preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-6 years’ experience supporting complex, high volume manufacturing equipment.
- Experience operating machine shop equipment and basic machinist skills are desirable.