Repair Center Technician - Tooling Machine Spindles & Motors
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 229698
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Mentor
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Participates in semi-complex inspection, testing, repair, assembly, equipment trial runs, investigative tests, related studies, processes, inspections and/or quality audits on electric motors and machine tools spindles.
•Disassemble, assemble, and clean electric motors and machine tool spindles
•Perform initial inspections on incoming electric motors and spindle unit
•Test Run and commissioning of electric motors and spindle units utilizing:
•Siemens 611 and S120 drives
•Oscilloscope to set up encoder systems
•Electrical set up of analog and proximity sensors
•Vibration measuring equipment to balance repaired product
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• High School diploma or GED
• Working proficiency with electric motors
• Ability to read mechanical drawings
• Basic Hands on electrical and mechanical skills
• General computer knowledge
• Ability to work independently or as a team player
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
• Excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
• Self-motivated to work productively, efficiently and prioritize duties
• Available to work 1st shift every weekday and overtime as needed
• Ability to lift heavy objects up to 75 pounds.
• Possess the ability to stand for long periods of time, as well as constant sitting, bending and reaching