Lead Electrical Engineer
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 229716
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• Understand high level system architecture and translate these concepts into specific electrical engineering deliverables.
• Based on high level system architecture, develop technical specifications for external suppliers and internal engineering teams.
• Actively lead and engage new product development initiatives. Create engineering specifications and feasibility reports.
• Develop detailed engineering deliverables (work packages) to fulfill customer specification requirements, such as electrical schematics, PCB designs, PLC programming, Bills of Materials, among others.
• Assign tasks to engineers and designers based on complexity and capabilities.
• Review customer specifications and requirements, and provide estimates of engineering effort required to fulfill these during bid stages.
• Troubleshoot functionality issues and perform Root Cause Analysis reports.
• Mentor and provide guidance to electrical engineers and electrical designers in the engineering team.
• Interact with the customer and other key roles in the organization (Program Management, Manufacturing, Purchasing) to ensure the success of the projects.
• Manage and monitor the budget of hours assigned to the electrical engineering deliverables for the assigned programs and tasks.
• Stay continuously informed of the different trends in material handling and transportation technologies.
• Active member of community of engineering experts across Siemens.
• (Mandatory) 7+ years of experience in engineering complex hardware and software integrated systems.
• (Mandatory) 3+ years of experience using Electrical CAD software (AutoCAD Electrical, Mentor Graphics, DxDesigner, PADS, LabView, or similar).
• (Mandatory) Experience developing technical specifications for complex engineering components.
• (Preferred) Experience with power distribution systems including DC and poly-phase AC systems.
• (Preferred) Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (i.e. SAP, Oracle).
• 20% travel required.