Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 229719
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• Develop detailed engineering deliverables (work packages) to fulfill customer specification requirements, such as electrical schematics, PCB designs, PLC programming, Bills of Materials, among others.
• Troubleshoot functionality issues and perform Root Cause Analysis reports.
• Leads and engage new product development initiatives. Create engineering specifications and feasibility reports.
• Interact with the customer and other positions in the organization (Program Management, Manufacturing, Purchasing) to ensure the successful completion of the projects.
• Complete and develop prototype builds for new designs and product development.
• Manage and monitor the budget of hours assigned to the electrical engineering deliverables for the assigned programs and tasks.
• Stay continuously informed of the different trends in material handling and transportation technologies.
• (Mandatory) 3+ years of experience in engineering complex hardware and software integrated systems.
• (Mandatory) Experience using Electrical CAD software (AutoCAD Electrical, Mentor Graphics, DxDesigner, PADS, LabView, or similar).
• (Preferred) Experience developing technical specifications for complex engineering components.
• (Preferred) Experience with power distribution systems including DC and poly-phase AC systems.
• (Preferred) Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (i.e. SAP, Oracle).
• 15% travel required.