Sr. Research Scientist – Image-Guided Therapy Technologies
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 229741
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Digital Technology and Innovation team of Siemens Healthcare, Digital Services, has an immediate opening for a senior research scientist with a focus on image-guided technologies (IGT), including but not limited to medical image analysis, image-guided systems, real-time systems and hardware and artificial intelligence approaches for interventions. Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated researchers. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. You will also be encouraged to publish your work in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
· Research, design and implement algorithms and innovative technology for IGT problems.
· Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
· Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of IGT components, including but not limited to medical image and signal analysis, real-time systems, low-level components, and software solutions.
· Work with customers to understand requirements and deliver solutions
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering or Computer Science
· 3-5+ years of experience (including Ph.D. study), with strong knowledge in image-guided therapy technologies
· Knowledge in medical image and signal analysis for image-guided solutions is required, in particular information fusion and real-time systems
· Knowledge in low-level software components and hardware for IGT is a plus
· Knowledge in artificial intelligence, computational modeling or augmented reality is a plus
· Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++ is required. Experience in real-time systems is a plus
· Proven experience in clinical environment is a plus
· Proven ability to develop new research ideas as demonstrated by a publication record and early developments to the level of working prototypes
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English are required
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude, who is willing to accept challenges and responsibilities
· Adaptability to work in a growing, fast-paced and multi-disciplinary team