Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 229754
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of duties in the Special Process
- Department with minimal supervision. Assist operators in processes such as furnace, operations, machining, surface treating, cleaning and coating according to manufacturing and customer requirements.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE MAJOR JOB DUTIES BUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT.
Grit blast components including removal of TBC, Bond coat, prior to inspection, repair or coating
- Operate shot peen equipment
- Operate and adjust parameters as needed on all manual, walk in, and automatic blast machines
- Move parts in and out of the walk in blaster using fork lifts or other appropriate means
- Transport components to various workstations within the department and facility
- Assist in performing preventative maintenance of blasting equipment including maintaining records and logs
- Assist in maintaining a clean work environment
- Maintain and replenish department consumable materials such as blasting, peening, and water jet media used for both blasting and cleaning
- Assist in performing minor adjustment and repairs to various department equipment, tools, and machines
- Retrieve and return tools and fixtures that are used for processing components
- Able to perform and use JHAs related to blasting
- Winston Service Center
- General Labor (Utility
- Be able to get certified and maintain forklift license.
- Assist in loading components onto fixtures for processing
Education/Job Knowledge Requirements:
This position requires the equivalent of a high school education. Requires the ability to read, write, complete simple forms, and understand simple written instructions.
Requires the ability to perform math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; also requires the simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagram.
This is an entry level position that requires experience working in an industrial environment.
Responsibility for Safety of Others
- Inattention, thoughtlessness, or careless operation of equipment or performance of duties may cause lost-time injuries to self or others.
Work of Others
- Employee is responsible for own work only.
Responsibility for Equipment or Process
- The equipment used (computer controlled and vacuum electric furnace, various computer controlled machining center, chemical clean/strip lines, HVOF/APS Coating equipment, EDM, Lasers, and Water Jet) should not be damaged under normal use and care.
Misuse may result in considerable damage to specific parts of equipment. Routine maintenance of the equipment is required.
- Moderate physical effort required with bending, stretching, walking, and standing. Gripping and grasping tools is common, as is the use of mechanical controls such as buttons, knobs, and levers.
Some repetitive motion is involved in the execution of job tasks. A crane is available for lifting and carrying parts, fixtures, or cutting tools, which may weigh up to 50 pounds or more.
- Constant mental and visual attention required to perform repetitive and variable responsibilities.
Normal or corrected vision and hearing required.
Possible contact with coating materials, fumes, and chemicals. The employee is required to wear full hooded air supply respirator when completing some operations of the job. Also exposure to extreme heat when operating furnaces.
Care should be taken in the operation of equipment and in lifting and moving materials and tools to avoid accidents that may result in lost time injuries. Safety goggles/glasses and safety shoes are required for safety in the production area; ear protection, gloves, full face hooded air supply respirator, throwaway coveralls, and aprons are advisable.
Initiative and Ingenuity
- The employee in this position follows established procedures, exercising judgment in selection of methods or procedures to perform setups, plan, and make decisions based on knowledge of standards, policies, and procedures.
Responsibility for Material or Product
- Errors not caught immediately may result in product failure and/or significant customer impact.
- Must successfully complete the Industrial Reading Test with a score of 70% or better.
- Must have successfully completed Shop Math Test with a score of 70% or better.