Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 229784
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
The primary purpose of this position is to operate a variety of equipment in the Coating Department with supervision. Complete coating process of product according to manufacturing and customer requirements.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE MAJOR JOB DUTIES BUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT.
Set up and Operate HVOF and APS coating booths used in the application of MCrALY and Thermal Barrier Coatings (TBC’S).
Perform inspection of parts, count, surface finish tester, thickness test, conductivity and masking of product.
Apply coatings to components according to customer and manufacturing requirements.
Load and unload components to fixtures.
Basic understanding of Fanuc and ABB coating system attributes and operation.
Understand of rudiments of maintenance and care of JP 5000, Jet-Kote 3000 and F4 spray guns, including basic trouble shooting.
Must be able to perform parts preparation such as masking, grit blasting and shot peening.
Notify supervision of irregularities or major equipment malfunctions.
Maintain work area in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
Education/Job Knowledge Requirements:
T his position requires a high school education or equivalent.
Requires the ability to read, write,complete simple forms, and understand simple written instructions.
Requires the ability to perform math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; also requires the simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagram.
- Previous Coating experience preferred.
- Job Requirements - 6 Weeks Minimum:
- Perform inspection of parts, count, surface finish tester, thickness test, conductivity and masking of product.
- Load and unload components to fixtures.
- Must be able to perform parts preparation such as masking, grit blasting and shot peening.
- Notify supervision of irregularities or major equipment malfunctions.
Responsibility for Safety of Others
- Inattention, thoughtlessness, or careless operation of equipment or performance of duties may cause lost-time injuries to self or others.
Work Of Others
- Employee is responsible for own work only.
Responsibility for Equipment or Process
- The equipment used (grit blaster, glass beaded machine, HVOF and APS spray gun, coating booth, and electric furnace, etc.) should not be damaged under normal use and care.
- Misuse may result in considerable damage to specific parts of equipment.
- Routine maintenance of the equipment is required.
- Moderate physical effort required with bending, stretching, walking, and standing. Gripping and grasping tools is common, as is the use of mechanical controls such as buttons, knobs, and levers.
- Some repetitive motion is involved in the execution of job tasks.
- A crane is available for lifting and carrying parts, fixtures, or cutting tools, which may weigh up to 50 pounds or more.
- Constant mental and visual attention required to perform repetitive and variable responsibilities.
- Normal or corrected vision and hearing required.
- Possible contact with coating materials, fumes, and chemicals.
- The employee is required to wear full hooded air supply respirator when completing some operations of the job. Also exposure to extreme heat when operating furnaces.
- Care should be taken in the operation of equipment and in lifting and moving materials and tools to avoid accidents that may result in lost time injuries.
- Safety goggles/glasses and safety shoes are required for safety in the production area; ear protection, gloves, full face hooded air supply respirator, throwaway coveralls, and aprons are advisable.
Initiative and Ingenuity
The employee in this position follows established procedures, exercising judgment in selection of methods or procedures to perform setups, plan, and make decisions based on knowledge of standards, policies, and procedures.
Responsibility for Material or Product
Errors not caught immediately may result in product failure and/or significant customer impact.
- Must successfully complete the Industrial Reading Test with a score of 70% or better.
- Must have successfully completed Shop Math Test with a score of 70% or better.
- Must have successfully completed Measuring Instruments Test with a score of 70% or better.