Software Developer - Intelligent Traffic Systems
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 229795
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
- Developing exciting new features for our evolving flagship products
- Exhibit the personality of one who desires to be part of a dynamic AGILE software team in a highly collaborative environment
- Participating in the planning, estimating, and executing of work packages within the framework of a modern iterative software development process
- Participating in reviewing customers' standards, specifications and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements
- Background in C++ programming (2+ years)
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering or similar discipline
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of HTML, XML, and XSL technologies
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of OOD (object-oriented design)
- BS/BA in a related discipline, or advanced degree. Typically 2+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills to function within an AGILE team setting, fostering collaboration with developers, testers, and stakeholders. As well as communication with the customer to understand his needs
- Experience in C#, WPF, and .NET Technology
- Experience programming integrating with 3rd party solutions
- Familiarity with Java and database design a plus
- Experience with client-server systems and distributed software design
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.