Measurement & Verification Energy Engineer
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 229812
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
As a Measurement & Verification Energy Engineer you will manage and perform energy engineering tasks related to measurement and verification (M&V) for Federal ESPC Projects. You will also assist during the development stage of projects by crafting M&V Plans, conduct and oversee M&V activities and analyses during construction and performance period of the project in compliance with the contractual M&V Plans.
· Perform data collection and analytics for project energy analysis per M&V plan requirements.
· Track and manage project M&V task and deliverables
· Perform and oversee on-site M&V activities including data collections, field measurements, inspection of energy conservation measures (EMCs) for performance verification
· Compile results from the measurement and verification activities and prepare periodic reports
· Research and assist in formulating state of the art data analytics to improve project M&V efficiency and positive impact on overall project performance.
· Collaborate and work closely with Project Commissioning (Cx) Team in planning and executing M&V related Cx activities
· Establish clear responsibilities and possesses for monitoring and measuring results
· Review and report on performance of Operations and Maintenance activities throughout the Performance Period.
· Must be a United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country or a foreign work visa.
· BS Degree in Engineering focusing on Mechanical, electrical or energy efficiency
· Minimum ten (10) years of experience in energy engineering and / M&V for performance contracting
· Measurement & Verification Professional Certification and a Professional Engineer or Engineering Manager Certifications are required.
· Strong understanding of Federal Energy projects (ESPC) and the different stages of the project
· Strong understanding of M&V rules, polices and standards
· Experienced in and understanding of project measurement and verification process
· Highly proficient in MS Excel, data analytics and databases.
· The ability to take ownership and personal responsibility as it relates to making decisions, taking actions and accepting failures
· Ability to follow through on tasks and responsibilities
· Keen and demonstrated ability to meet set deadlines
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, especially in communicating with project managers and executives.
· Experience writing detailed technical reports and presenting analyses.
· Ability to keep up to speed and learn emerging technology advancements in the field and understand the impact that it might have on projects
· Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance if required later.