Technical Support Technician 3
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 229816
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Job Description Template
The Technical Support Technician – DX IT and Automation responds to phone and e-mail inquiries regarding diagnostics
IT and automation products. Specialists provide technical troubleshooting assistance to external customers, initiating
product complaints for evaluation. Candidates must be positive, energetic and believe in and practice service based
• Resolves or escalates customer inquiry and problem phone calls using product and IT expertise
through customer coaching and remote connectivity.
• Decides when to escalate issues if a resolution cannot be identified quickly or when support
documentation is lacking.
• Determines the root cause of issues encountered and accurately documents resolutions in
Siemens call tracking system.
• Assists customers, IT departments, LIS vendors and third-party OEM vendors with corrective
actions and preventative measures.
• Respond to e-mail questions and issues in a quick and courteous and professional manner
This position will work an overnight shift which may include one weekend day.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a science-related or engineering field, or equivalent experience.
• Lab instrument, automation, and IT
• Exceptional phone and communication skills (oral and written)
• A positive "can-do" attitude in all communications
• Ability to thrive as a member of a collaborative, cross-functional team
• Excellent organizational skills and exceptional customer focus
• Ability to travel 10% as required, primarily for training
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Healthcare IT and/or automation background
• Certification in A+, Net+, Security+ or equivalent
• Computer Hardware: physical ports (Serial, Parallel, RJ-X, PS/2, VGA, USB, SATA, IDE); Serial-to-USB Converters;
Memory; NICs; Hard Drives; Optical Drives; Printer Installation; UPS • Computer Software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well
Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser and
RAID configurations; Back-up and Recovery.
• Windows: XP; Windows7 Server2kx; Name Resolution; Local User and Group management;
Administrative Tools; Troubleshooting Utilities.
• Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; LANs; VLANs; WANs; switching; Internet access technologies.
• Logical network concepts: IP Addressing; Routing; Packets; Subnets.
• Network Infrastructure: DNS; DHCP; Active Directory; Proxy Servers,
• Remote Access technologies: RDP; VNC; VPN.
• Security concepts: Encryption; Authentication; Certificates; HIPAA; Firewalls; DMZ; HTTPS.
• Application Architecture: Thick Client vs. Thin Client, Java, XML, Web Services, Databases
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of network architecture models (OSI, TCP/IP) and theory.
• Possess strong leadership, project management, communication, computer and presentation
skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and customer interaction skills, including business acumen to understand
• Effectively communicate, negotiate and interact with multiple business functions and management levels.
• Enhances departmental capabilities relating to instrument connectivity, systems configuration, and interoperability.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.