Entry Level Application Support Engineer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 229823
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Waltham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is actively seeking an Applications Support Engineer to work at
the Waltham, MA location. In this role, the candidate will provide
phone, web, and email based customer support for Siemens’ broad range
of engineering customers that utilize Fibersim, Syncrofit, and
Mastertrim. In addition, the successful candidate will contribute to
Siemens’ pre-sales and post-sales technical activities utilizing
Siemens’ products on customer projects.
This position reports to the Director of Technical Operations for the
Specialized Engineering Software group within the Product Engineering
Software business segment.
• Deliver post-sales support of Fibersim, Syncrofit, and Mastertrim to
assist customers in using these applications more effectively.
• Use of Siemens’ products within CATIA V5, NX, and Creo on customer
• Provide in-house technical sales support to assist the Siemens’
technical sales force in selling Siemens products to customers
• Work with Siemens’ product development organization to establish
product requirements based on customer interactions.
• Support of Extensible Markup Language (XML) and Extensible Stylesheet
Language (XSL) documents to customize and extend Siemens products in
• Document and report software defects using Siemens’ issue-tracking
• Assist in the delivery of technical marketing, go-to-market,
training, and demonstration material for multiple product lines as
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
• Experience with 3D CAD modeling
• Must be capable of juggling a variety of different tasks and moving
them forward in a timely manner.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent technical problem solving capabilities.
• Proficient with a variety of technical tools including Microsoft
• 1-2 years’ experience; this is an entry-level position
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Knowledge and interest in aerospace or automotive markets
• Experience with CATIA V5 or NX or Creo
• Experience with XML, Perl, and/or Python scripting