Service Technician - Building Automation/HVAC
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 229824
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Saint Rose
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
For more information, please visit:
Responsible for service customers as assigned:
- Performs service on automation system start ups.
- When directed, coordinates electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Completes final critical adjustments and calibration on automation systems following installation and preliminary setup.
- Makes recommendations to superior regarding changes, improvements or service of automation system on basis of own findings in the course of assignments.
- Completes and submits written reports covering all aspects of each assignment, including customer, nature of trouble, equipment involved, time and material used.
- Discusses problems with customer and advises best course of action to accomplish correction of trouble, and / or contacts service department of manufacturer of faulty component involved to arrange for servicing.
- Participates in final job site walk thru for system acceptance and / or service turnover.
- Responds to customer service calls, checks indicated points of trouble, and analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests system components.
- Diagnoses trouble or defect in sensors, field cabinets, or control workstation and determines corrective actions.
· Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School education or equivalent
- Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree in a technical capacity is desirable
- Knowledge of automation systems and HVAC electrical concepts and operations are desirable. Working engineering, programming, or IT networking / configurations desirable.
- Two years control installation preferred
- Technical use of electronic test equipment / basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Approximate 20% Travel required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.