Environmental Health & Safety Specialist – Building Technologies - Southeast Zone
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 229827
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
- The primary responsibility of the EHS Zone Specialist is to : Provide comprehensive Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) consultation, Leadership and training to the areas and branches within their designated territory
- Conduct and Review Accident Investigations, Review and communicate Lessons Learned, Identify Corrective actions and develop implementation plans
- Engage Zone Leadership to provide full visibility of Fleet Safety related issues and reports
- Performs and ensures the completion of all employee training in EHS Policies and procedures.
- Audits and inspects work environments and provides report of findings for follow-up.
- Generate and Communicate reports and performance data to leadership within their designated territory
- Complete Customer qualification requirements, satisfies all customer EHS requests within their designated territory
- Provides Consultation and direction on EPA, OSHA and DOT regulatory compliance in the territory. Consults with Corporate EHS when necessary
- Conducts random verification and compliance audits during unannounced site visits and manages findings
- Assist with Advisement on PPE styles, type, fit and applicability to the hazards present
- Manage overdue (Pre-Work Safety Log and JHAs), Spot check audits for accurate completion of Pre work Safety logs during unannounced site visits
- Participate in SII and BT Global Assessments and Office/Warehouse/Project Assessments, Manage overdue findings and Approve corrections for closure
- Review EHS requirements on contracts and PM@Siemens Projects . Performs Sub-Contractor EHS Assessments and conducts onsite Project EHS Assessments
- Provide assistance involvement where required to gather necessary Legal required information
Education: BS/BA in Industrial Safety or related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Travel: 50% – 75% within the assigned territory
Skills: Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues. Provide specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated
Experience: 8-10 years of direct EHS experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
Certified Safety Professional designation is preferred but not required.
Previous experience in EHS oversight of regional Field Service personnel
Previous Experience in a Siemens divisional EHS Role
Electrical Safety Management experience a plus