Sr Reliability Test Engineer, R&D
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 229854
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
This position requires 5-8 years of experience in Reliability analysis, Reliability testing and characterization. Reliability analysis background includes practical knowledge of reliability planning, reliability allocation, FRACAS and FMEA. Develops and implements reliability plans for new product development to ensure attainment of specified operational reliability objectives. Practical experience with Robust Design and Taguchi methods will be a plus. Hands on experience performing root cause analysis on clinical diagnostic equipment required. Intermediate knowledge of Labview programming, data acquisition and analysis in required
Bachelor's degree (B.S./BEng/BSc) in Reliability, Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering. Desired Master’s Degree (M.S. / M.E.)
Five (5) to Eight (8) years of experience in Reliability Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides Reliability Engineering support to R&D Elements Teams. Attends team meetings and design reviews and advises and confers with engineers to give reliability findings and recommendations. Reviews engineering specifications and drawings, proposing design modifications to improve reliability within cost and other performance requirements.
- The position requires experience with operation and testing of electro-mechanical components using LabVIEW.
- Ability to Characterize HW against Noise/Controls Factors, Use of Taguchi Methods for Robust Design Optimization, Design of Experiments
- Ability to create Electro-Mechanical test fixtures and run the test for Characterization or Subsystem RGT
- Ability to work with hardware, software and systems engineers to identify reliability issues and provide solutions to decrease unscheduled service visit rate.
- Experience in Medical diagnostics industry is preferred. A candidate should be hands on and have desire to work in an R&D laboratory environment. Possess a high-level of self-motivation and ability to work on a team. Ability to effectively manage time, organize and prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments is necessary. Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills expected.
- Conducts Reliability Analysis to assess the risks associated with design concepts.
- Leading design teams through Reliability Failure Modeling evaluations such as those listed below, and driving corrective actions to reduce the identified risks utilizing Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) or similar methodologies.
- Designs, generates protocols and reports on Reliability Testing for Life Tests, Accelerated Life Test (ALT), Reliability Growth Testing (RGT), Reliability Demonstration Testing (RDT) using appropriate statistical techniques to show that reliability targets have been met with the desired statistical confidence.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) required.
Communication Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write reports and protocols. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from project teams and functional . Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills expected.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply advanced engineering mathematics such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Dispay knowledge of statistical frequency distributions such as Binomial, Poisson, Normal, Log-Normal and Weibull. Ability to apply engineering statistics techniques such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), Gauge Repeatability and Reproduceability and Design of Experiments.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of TFS; LabVIEW; ReliaSoft Weibull ++; MATLAB; Microsoft Excel - Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word - Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities - Basic Laboratory skills
Travel - Able to travel up to 30% of the time.
Reliability Engineering, Test Engineering, Product Design, Robust Design, Structured Methods, Root Cause Analysis