Materials Logistics Spec 2
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 229855
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Material Logistics Specialist 2 reports to the In-Vivo Sr. Manager of Materials within CSML America’s Source Inventory / Return Source Department. This role will be responsible for a variety of activities supporting efficient and effective operations within the department. The Material Logistics Specialist will work closely with the In-vivo / In-vitro Material Planners. Primary responsibilities will include invoice discrepancy investigation and resolution, inventory adjustments, scrap, vendor returns, Product Hold communication, and execution of warranty related activities.
Responsibilities: (Key Activities / functions of role)
· Coordinate/ Initiate Return to Vendor Requests (Memphis, Network, 2050, Supplier, Plant)
· Generate IR/GR Report weekly, Publish Metrics, correct internal pricing discrepancies and root cause analysis / corrective action for GR related issues.
· Management of Product Hold Communication Tool.
· Scrap at Vendor Requests.
· Scrap and IAR requests.
· Monthly review of stock at vendor, initiate corrective action.
· Close out RS Notifications for manual PSR’s.
· Manage Scraps for ePSR’s for Warranty and DOA’s.
· Manage Materials Requests for non-defined, Clarify in Advance, and BANC across modalities.
· Update / Maintain TSL’s via PEGA Tool for In-Vivo.
· Review Expiration Report, Manage / Place PO’s for materials approaching low /zero Stock due to expired shelf life within next 90 days.
· Review Reservations for Just New Requirements weekly. Close out invalid. reservations. Coordinate with CSML EMEA Planner as needed.
· Place manual PO’s as needed to support SI/RS.
· Support Material Planners as needed.
· Work closely with internal /external partners.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be considered for this position.
- BA/BS in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 yrs. experience in a related field.
- Ability to consistently apply standard policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze and resolve questions and problems independently
- Very good oral and written communication skills with ability to furnish concise information
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, high transaction team environment. Complete work within defined service targets in situations with tight turnarounds and deadlines.
Participates in creating and monitoring both basic and complex reports and executing actions based on these reports; successfully interfaces with internal departments based on deep understanding of stakeholder needs; drives goods receipt / invoicing discrepancy activities in alignment with Source team and Finance team; serves as interface between Source department and 3PL / Warehouse Operations team for inventory adjustments, scrap, and vendor return requests; participates in warranty recovery support activities; proactively report activity results to Source team in a structured and credible manner. Participates in supporting lean / automation ideas and activities as well as supporting projects / initiatives. Effectively schedules, leads, and facilitates meetings and conference calls and drive alignment with internal and external parties with clear communication.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Typically 3-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite. with particular emphasis on MS Excel and MS Access.
- Highly Proficient with SAP.
- APICS Certification a plus.
- Experience using Quadrate a plus.
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles.
- Materials Management experience strongly preferred.