Intern - Technical
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 229862
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Part-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has
the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver
readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on
all continents. We are seeking a Training Specialist Intern for fall 2018 to support the Wind Service Training Center
in Orlando, FL. The ideal candidate is a rising junior or senior interested in working in training or human resources upon
- Candidates will be assigned to a mentor to facilitate their work assignments and responsibilities.
- Work assignments will involve project management, evaluating the effectiveness of training, modifying training plans,
developing training curriculum and assisting with training coordination.
- These assignments will provide valuable opportunities for development and growth as well as real-world, hands-on
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Seeking a undergraduate Junior or Senior college student who is currently enrolled in a 4 year degree at an accredited
- Pursuing a degree in Business Management, Psychology or Human Resources within the next two years.
- Minimum GPA of 3.25
- MS Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Interested in delivering instructor led training
- Experience working with Adult Education
- Experience in curriculum development
- Understanding of instructional methodology
- Understanding of Instructional System Design, 6 laws of learning, Kirkpatrick’s 4 levels of evaluation, Bloom’s
Taxonomy, methods for measuring training effectiveness and ROI
- Experience with electrical, hydraulic or mechanical systems or environmental safety and OSHA requirements