Sr. Field Service Technician
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 229868
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Sr. Field Service Technician
The field service technician role is responsible for performing both on-site field maintenance and demand service jobs for Siemens process analyzers and equipment. On-site maintenance would include preventative maintenance and repair at a fixed customer location, while demand service includes travelling to multiple customer sites to perform start-up, commissioning, and/or repair services. The Houston-based Field Service group is part of the Customer Service department within the Analytical Products business unit of Siemens Industry, Inc. The AP business unit manufactures the Siemens Maxum Gas Chromatograph, Continuous Gas analyzers, System Integration projects, and provides support for Siemens analytical products. Our technicians are located throughout the continental US and are responsible for supporting North America, South America, Mexico, and Canada service activities.
• Troubleshooting and repairing of complex analytical systems.
• Gathering parts, drawings, and additional information needed to perform the service job to the highest level of ability.
• Ensuring readiness for site by completing all of the safety requirements to gain access to the customer’s site. This includes safety training at local councils, background checks, and drug tests, etc. (This position participates in a random drug testing program)
• Answering technical customer questions, troubleshooting over the phone, offering solutions, and support to the customer when necessary.
• Providing guidance to colleague field service technicians. Work as a team to provide the highest level of support and ensure skill sharing with other technicians.
• Continuous skill growth and improvement to stay current with products.
• Working with Research and Development to ensure the factory is aware of field issues/successes.
• Must be willing to travel 50% of time. International travel may be required. Majority of travel will be in the US.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with Siemens Gas Chromatographs, Sample System equipment, and/or Siemens Continuous Gas analyzers – must be able to demonstrate these skills
• Minimum of 8 years within the Chemical/Refining Industries – must be able to meet site requirements to gain access to customer facilities and be familiar with the environment (TWIC card required)
• Excellent communication skills required – phone, email, and face to face
• Experience developing and maintaining good customer relationships
• Microsoft Office proficiency and general computer skills - paperwork requirements are part of job responsibility
• Knowledge of System Integration projects with a good understanding of drawings
• Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and willing to take ownership with minimal direct supervision
• Estimated 50% travel – including business meetings and service jobs
This position includes a company vehicle. Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing. Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Technical AAS/Bachelor Degree from accredited school
• 5+ years Industry / Analytical Experience
• Extensive technical knowledge in Gas Chromatographs and Sample Systems
• System Integration knowledge including alarm systems, electrical wiring, troubleshooting experience.
• Bi-lingual (English, Spanish, German)