Engineer, Sr Staff
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 229870
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown, United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
The Solutions Architect is responsible for advancing and translating strategic input into product design input based on a comprehensive understanding of user needs, internal stakeholder perspectives, and architectural approaches. This position requires extensive collaboration and communication skills, as well as an understanding of our customers, internal business stakeholders and engineering approaches. The Solutions Architect partners with Portfolio and Product Management, Global Engineering, and other Core Team members to deliver value-based solutions balancing customer and business objectives. Furthermore, this role provides decisive feature prioritization and context throughout the Agile development process.
1. Generate and update feature-based Solutions Architecture for the central laboratory domain.
2. Analyze Solutions Architecture elements, features, and workflows for the ability to meet business and customer needs in the context of a competitive environment.
3. Participate in Scrum teams as Product Owner to prioritize features and ensure maximum product value.
4. Work closely with Portfolio and Product Management and System Architects to define user needs and create customer features that are required and/or mandatory for successful placement of Siemens solutions.
5. Lead discussion with Portfolio and Product Management and Architectural Element Team to deliver architectural decisions and tradeoffs, with perspective of internal and external stakeholders.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, biology, chemistry or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
· 5+ years of clinical laboratory diagnostics experience with extensive understanding of clinical laboratory diagnostics domain (focus on core lab- chemistry/immunochemistry, Automation and Informatics). Laboratory experience with Automation and IT products desired.
· Certification in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science desired.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audience (and vice versa)
· Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams and drive results
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate across disciplines with influential competency
· Participation in Agile development with Product Owner experience is a plus