Sr Staff Engineer – Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 229870
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown, United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Position OverviewThe Solutions Architect is responsible for advancing and translating strategic input into product design input based on a comprehensive understanding of user needs, internal stakeholder perspectives, and architectural approaches. This position requires extensive collaboration and communication skills, as well as an understanding of our customers, internal business stakeholders and engineering approaches. The Solutions Architect partners with Portfolio and Product Management, Global Engineering, and other Core Team members to deliver value-based solutions balancing customer and business objectives. Furthermore, this role provides decisive feature prioritization and context throughout the Agile development process.
1. Generate and update feature-based Solutions Architecture for the central laboratory domain.
2. Analyze Solutions Architecture elements, features, and workflows for the ability to meet business and customer needs in the context of a competitive environment.
3. Participate in Scrum teams as Product Owner to prioritize features and ensure maximum product value.
4. Work closely with Portfolio and Product Management and System Architects to define user needs and create customer features that are required and/or mandatory for successful placement of Siemens solutions.
5. Lead discussion with Portfolio and Product Management and Architectural Element Team to deliver architectural decisions and tradeoffs, with perspective of internal and external stakeholders.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, biology, chemistry or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
· 5+ years of clinical laboratory diagnostics experience with extensive understanding of clinical laboratory diagnostics domain (focus on core lab- chemistry/immunochemistry, Automation and Informatics). Laboratory experience with Automation and IT products desired.
· Certification in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science desired.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audience (and vice versa)
· Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams and drive results
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate across disciplines with influential competency
· Participation in Agile development with Product Owner experience is a plus
Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Development, Architect, Lab Director