GC Runout Test Technician
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 229873
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Gas Chromatograph – Factory Runout/Test Technician – Houston, TX
The Factory Runout/Test Technician role is responsible for performing factory testing and setup of Siemens process analyzers and equipment. This role is the final step in our manufacturing process and includes activities such as setting up chromatography applications, performing final testing, and preparing the analyzer for customer acceptance. The Runout/Test group is part of the Customer Service department within the Analytical Products business unit of Siemens Industry, Inc. The AP business unit manufactures the Siemens Maxum Gas Chromatograph, Continuous Gas analyzers, System Integration projects, and provides support for Siemens analytical products.
• Testing, troubleshooting, and setup of Siemens Maxum process gas chromatographs.
• Gathering parts, drawings, and additional information needed to perform the job to the highest level of ability.
• Ensuring readiness for customer acceptance by completing all of the safety testing, analytical application setup, and quality checks.
• Answering technical customer questions, offering solutions, and supporting the customer as needed during factory acceptance test.
• Work as a team to provide the highest level of support and ensure skill sharing with other technicians.
• Continuous skill growth and improvement to stay current with products.
• Working with Research and Development to ensure the factory is aware of issues/successes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• High School Diploma / GED
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in industry OR Technical AAS/Bachelor Degree from accredited school
• Excellent communication skills required – phone, email, and face to face
• Experience developing and maintaining good customer relationships
• Microsoft Office proficiency and general computer skills - paperwork requirements are part of job responsibility
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications
• Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and willing to take ownership with minimal direct supervision
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Technical AAS/Bachelor Degree from accredited school
• 2+ years Industry / Analytical Experience
• Extensive technical knowledge in Gas Chromatographs and Sample Systems
• System Integration knowledge including alarm systems, electrical wiring, troubleshooting experience.
• Bi-lingual (English, Spanish, German)