Electronic Hardware Design Technician
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 229886
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Johnson City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
"Are you ready to support the design of the equipment, machines, and systems that automate tomorrow's Digital Factories?"
- Participates in semi-complex engineering related studies, processes, designs, inspections and/or quality audits.
- Supports the gathering, recording and maintaining engineering specific information.
- Supports the preparation of semi-complex charts, graphs and diagrams to illustrate various engineering procedures.
- Provides support with semi-complex testing and troubleshooting in a variety of engineering tasks.
- Participates in assembling semi-complex prototypes and ensures proper interaction of components.
- Participates in documenting semi-complex internal engineering procedures via simple text, charts, graphs and diagrams. Participates in semi-complex specification development or preparation.
- Identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex. Refers complex, unusual problems to others.
- Understand standards, specifications, and other documents in order to implement assigned tasks.
- Complete the preparation of reports and analysis of technical issues.
- Works independently and works collaboratively with colleagues to resolve complex issues.
- Implement quality and process improvements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
- Able to proficiently operate the typical electronic measurement and analysis lab equipment (for example, oscilloscope, meters, analyzers, power supplies).
- Perform testing in a development lab environment and perform hardware and firmware integration testing.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy in reporting, and focused on work tasks.
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Problem solving/debugging skills.
- 5% domestic travel.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Demonstrated hardware design knowledge in Programmable Logic Controllers I/O and CPU devices.
- Use and proficiency with Automation engineering system like Siemens TIA Portal is a plus- including Fundamental LAD and SCL language programming
- Familiar with IEC Electrical and Environmental specifications.