Senior Field Service Technician - Fire Solutions - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 229902
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
- Verifies software and all points in the database; creates/reviews job -programming via computer for various systems.
- Creates and uploads point database.
- Backs up data from data servers.
- Troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations.
- Contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support when needed; drives issues to resolution.
- Sets up and configures PC workstations and user-interfaces.
- Works with customers on their integrated networks to resolve communications problems.
- Managers Operational Testing, Verification, and Acceptance/ Final Testing.
- Runs reports to analyze system operation.
- Works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (e.g. Commissioning Agents or test-and-balance contractors).
- Trains customers on system operations.
- Completes and submits written reports.
- Provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 5%
- Required experience: 2-5 plus years in engineering/service experience working with Fire & Life Safety Systems—including knowledge of integration, networks, electrical concepts, and building operations, as well as the programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of related systems.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent communication skills in English—including the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other service related tools.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.