Quality Manager in Projects
Business Unit: Turnkey Projects & Electrification
Requisition Number: 229909
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Tualatin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Quality Manager in Projects (QMiP)
The Rail Electrification business unit of Siemens Mobility Inc. supplies electrical substation and overhead catenary equipment for the US and Canadian rail market.
The duty of the QMiP is to operatively support the Project Manager as expert and partner by planning, supervision, ensuring and reporting of appropriate activities with regard to failure prevention, effective processes (pro-active & re-active) and continuous improvements over the entire PM@Siemens process. Of particular importance is the authority to intervene at any stage in the project, if proceedings impact targeted results negatively.
The position reports to the Head of Quality Management/EHS of the Siemens Mobility Turnkey Projects and Rail Electrification Unit.
- Support Project Management in planning and securing milestone results in the execution phase of the project.
- Ensure Project Team compliance with PM@Siemens & Project Instructions. Ensure all appropriate traceable processes are established in order to analyse & monitor proper fulfillment of contractual and committed requirements.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of the Project Site Quality Plan.
- Ensure Supply Chain Quality Plans are obtained and reviewed by Technical Experts and continuously monitored. Ensure Supply Chain activities are based on project-critical factors and quality related KPI´s and defined targets.
- Act as NCR responsible for reporting and investigation of quality incidents using NCR+ and cause-effect analysis results of quality problems
- Ensure proper execution of the Quality Gate process by active involvement in the preceding readiness checks and participation in Q-Gate meetings, Escalation of project issues to Project Manager, BU or Head of QM
- Quality status reporting to Project Management, Head of QM and other defined parties based on agreed KPI´s . Audit Reporting, Inspection reporting . Trend Analyses and reporting to the Regional Change Control Board. Promotion of quality targets to all people affected or involved.
- Facilitation of Lessons learned and support of Good Practice Sharing through trend analyses of NCRs and presentation to the Change Control Board. Ensuring feedback of experience at cross-functional project meetings, etc.
- Planning of and participation in Project & Supply Chain audits, assessments, reviews and status meetings. Analysis of the results with definition and effective implementation of appropriate (improvement) measures.
- Training of project employees with regard to quality tools (risk analysis, FMEA, review techniques, cause-effect analysis, 8-D-method, etc.), process awareness (role, content, benefits for subsequent process stages etc) and specialist knowledge
- BS/BA in Engineering, Quality Management, or related discipline.
- Several years' experience in other areas of responsibility of project execution
- Quality Management / Environmental Management Certificate a plus.
- Experience with quality planning, ISO audits, supplier qualification, and CAPA required.
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience and 8 years professional experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Coaching & Influencing skills.
- Continuous improvement knowledge / experience, inc. tools and techniques.
- Amount of travel with the position: 30%