Field Service Technician
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 229918
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
We are seeking a Field Service Technician to support our cross-disciplinary radiopharmaceutical research and production facility. In this role you will be responsible for service and maintenance to cyclotron, radiochemistry synthesizers, analytical equipment and manipulator arms.
This role will primarily be afternoon/night shift but will require flexibility to work alternative shifts as needed.
*Able to work independently to accomplish assigned tasks and responsibilities.
Provides service and maintenance for multiple cyclotron and associated chemistry modules as assigned
* Monitors and positively affects financial and operational performance
* Works in compliance with all regulatory standards including EH&S, cGMP, Radiation Safety, applicable pharmacy laws, DOT, and internal policies and interpretations of the above as required
* Incorporates new technology, products and processes into daily operations
* Participates in personnel training and staff development
* Works cross-functionally with production team to successfully implement strategic initiatives
* Responds to calls for service support within a reasonable amount of time
* Completes and submits work history tickets in a timely fashion and includes all relevant details
* Completes and submits all time cards and expense reports in a timely fashion and includes all relevant details
* Schedules work and manages spare parts usage to minimize costs and maximize effectiveness
* Monitors and improves Up Time for site cyclotron system(s)
* Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product and equipment performance and recommends modifications and improvements
* Participates in routine biomarker production function as needed
* Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
* Please note that this is 2nd shift position.
* Associates degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of experience in servicing capital equipment
* 2+ years of experience with customer relationship management preferred
* Working knowledge of the PET radioisotope production workflow preferred
*Electrical and Mechanical Troubleshooting skills