Electronic Installer II - Building Technologies - San Diego CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 229931
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
- Installs or assists with the installation of conduit, wire, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with Building Automation, fire, and security systems. Installs and mounts electric/ electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components. Performs interlock wiring as required. Performs wiring check out and assists with systems start-up. Performs tasks related to the panel fabrication.
- Disconnects and dismantles electric/ electronic instruments, panels, sensors, components, etc. as necessary.
- Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
- Assists with component and auxiliary equipment selection from outside suppliers. Provides inputs and assists with preparation of as-built drawings. Responds to service and warranty calls and performs preventative maintenance and routine inspections. Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance. Trains and assigns work to less experienced Electronic Installers.
Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
Required travel: 15%
Required experience: Electrical and electronic installation experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Ability to use hand tools, ladders, laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
Must be physically able to climb, work in high places and/or confined spaces.
Must be able to differentiate between different color wires and equipment.
Must be able to acquire local certifications and licenses as needed.
Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.