Senior Biochemist - Antibody Purification/ Protein Development
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 229979
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Elkhart
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
- Employs various techniques for growing mammalian cell cultures
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots different size bioreactor equipment.
- Completes production documentation in an accurate and expedient manner aligned with cGDP practices.
- Develops protocols and performs qualification of new equipment for use in manufacturing.
- Completes feasibility studies, writes feasibility reports and prepares qualification paperwork for process scale-up to support increasing manufacturing demands.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
B.S. in biology, chemistry or related discipline. Master/Doctoral degree or equivalent industrial experience is preferred.
Knowledge of GMP/ISO is a plus.
Proven good writing and laboratory skills.
Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
The successful candidate will be proficient in time management, possess well developed interpersonal skills, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, and exhibit attention to detail.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.