Security Technician - Building Technologies - Indiana and Ohio
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 230003
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
For more information, please visit:
This position will be supporting customers in Indiana and Vandalia,Ohio.
This position is responsible for performing service and maintenance on multiple product lines for card access and video surveillance. This person will own the customer call from the time they are dispatched to the client location through completion of work, keeping dispatch updated with the service and maintenance status throughout the process.
• Provides technical service to customer Card Access, Monitoring and Video Surveillance systems including technical support.
• Needs strong understanding of servers, clients, IP set up and the ability to reload systems.
• Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
• Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements. Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner.
• Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues. Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities. Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
• Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
• Conducts on-going system operation training for end user customers.
Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of two years working in the security industry. A current certification in Software House (C-Cure 9000), Genetech Security Center preferred but not required.