Software Engineer - C++ Java J2EE AngularJS Web Security - Minneapolis, MN
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 230008
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
- Perform the steps in Software development life cycle following agile methodology.
- Creates, documents, and executes software as part of scrum teams for product areas.
- Provides input to the technical direction for one area of a product.
- Has comprehensive and diversified knowledge of engineering/computer science methods and practices.
- Maintains assigned software product areas and ensures high quality.
- Able to solve complex technical problems.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related field is required
- 1+ years of software development experience in one or more Object Oriented language (such as C++, Java)
- Good knowledge and experience with cloud technologies, microservices, containers and related software/platforms
- Good knowledge and understanding of J2EE technologies
- Good knowledge and understanding of angularJS
- Good knowledge and understanding of web/application security concepts and technologies
- Good understanding of object oriented design and design patterns
- Design and development experience using Visual Studio and/or Eclipse
- Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems
- Understanding and experience with n tier enterprise level applications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on complex assignments with wide latitude for independent judgment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, willing to take up challenges, work and learn multiple technologies