Sales Development Program Intern
Business Unit: DF / PD Sales
Requisition Number: 230065
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Bridgeville, United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Sales Development Program Internship
Are you ready to provide businesses across the U.S. with the products, solutions and services that keep industries growing and people moving?
What is the Sales Development Program?
The Sales Development Program Internship (SDP) is a 3 month internship that prepares individuals for entry level positions in sales, with End Customers, Integrators and original equipment manufacturer selling either direct or through wholesaler-distributors. SDP program fine tunes individual’s strengths in business, communications, information systems management, engineering and technology, and professional selling. SDPs receive hands on education through training from industry leading professionals through modern classroom training, joint customer development and field experience. This program has been developed through the support and participation of industry leading Account Management Teams and Sales Management in partnership with Siemens Global Business’s. The Siemens SDP program prepares students with the tools for today’s business practices in Industrial Sales.
Your responsibilities may include:
• Understanding the rich history of Siemens and the Siemens values
• Learning about our business units
• Learning about the industry/channel/market
• Training on core selling skills and proven methodologies
• Learning key sales processes and tools
• Establishing internal/external relationships
• Developing professional skills and capabilities
• Access to and network with Siemens’ senior decision makers and key leaders
This instructional and hands-on internship, when combined with results-driven, highly-motivated students, is a recipe for a successful sales career with a global market leader.
Internship start date: May 2019
Who Should Apply?
We are looking for people who are resourceful — true problem solvers who challenge themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to complex challenges. We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and contribute to the successes of the company, our customers and the world.
To apply for the Sales Development Program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Current student majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Systems Engineering, Industrial Distribution or Electrical Engineering
- Graduation Date: Current junior standing, with expected graduation of spring of 2020.
- Minimum GPA: 2.7
- Relocation and Travel: Candidates must be willing to relocate and travel as required by the program (housing stipend available for candidates who meet requirement)
- Work Authorization: Permanent work authorization in the U.S. is required
Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.
Here, the opportunities are limitless. Siemens employs approximately 46,000 people in all 50 states of the U.S. Siemens AG has a 165-year heritage of innovation and employs approximately 343,000 people in more than 190 countries. To learn more about our businesses visit http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
Participating Divisions: Digital Factory & Process Industries & Drives