Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 230067
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Perform functions related to accounting and financial statement analysis on IFRS and local GAAP basis for BU PL entities. This is an individual contributor reporting directly to the Director of Central
Accounting (CF R 7 PL CA).
· Perform monthly analysis of A/R valuation allowance balances and calculations.
· Coordinate multi-faceted legal entity financial statement flux analysis.
· Ad-hoc legal entity trial balance reviews based on entity risk assessment.
· Monthly P&L analysis for operating units (e.g. Finance, Legal, EMEA Zone, etc.)
· Quarterly balance sheet transparency check based on account risk assignment.
· Review and approve US balance sheet reconciliations.
· Prepare fluctuation analysis for external auditors.
· Perform financial statement analysis on monthly operating results for business unit.
· Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis.
· Review and approve US control testing.
· Provide technical accounting support for assigned risk countries.
· America’s Macro-Hub Accounting - First level accounting support and Secondary journal entry approval for assigned countries.
· Calculate and post internal merger and integration accounting entries
· Oversee US government reporting submissions.
· Review legal entity statutory audit checklists.
· Approve for P13 adjustments.
· Compile data for BU management approval.
· Manage special projects
Required Skills and Abilities
· Excellent technical knowledge of SAP functions and accounting processes.
· Proficient in Hyperion Essbase
· Proficient in Access and Business Warehouse databases.
· Ability to work with multiple management levels to analyze financial situations.
· Excellent knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP.
· Strong analytical, communication, organization, and leadership skills.
· Ability to take ownership of assignments and work independently.
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple technical projects concurrently.
· Ability to use professional judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve anticipated issues.
· Bachelors in Accounting.
· Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience.
· CPA or CMA eligible.
· Willingness for moderate business travel.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
· Masters in Accounting or Finance.
· Minimum of 2 years in audit function (internal or external).
· CPA or CMA certification.