Business Unit: Controlling and Finance
Requisition Number: 230085
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The position holder assists in the development of immunoassays for Siemens’ line of automated clinical analyzers. He/she will work as part of R&D project teams on assay projects that may span from feasibility work through verification and validation studies. This includes wet chemistry work, instrument operation, data collection and analysis, and documentation. Provides assistance in a variety of technical assignments pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, or processes and participates in investigating the application of results. Obtains technical information needed to accomplish assigned tasks of low to moderate complexity. Provides support in preparing reports, charts, graphs, and other documents. Provides assistance in developing designs for a variety of products, processes, and components.
· Performs hands-on wet chemistry techniques to support assay development activities.
· Laboratory work assignments which are typically a portion of a larger project.
· Requires patient sample preparation and handling, reagent preparation, and operating analytical and clinical instrumentation.
· Requires familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) and a PC platform. Familiarity with standard statistical software applications is a plus.
· Performs tasks under direction of a more senior technical professional Performs data analysis using standard statistical techniques. Assesses results for applicability, validity and conformance to design specifications, and prepares summaries or reports on work results.
· Maintains lab notebooks and other written documentation.
· A Bachelor's degree 0-3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Medical technology is required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS/BA in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Typically 0-3 years of successful experience in a related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and nnowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.