Site Installation Technician - Commercial Fire/Life Safety Systems - Louisville, KY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 230095
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
Siemens is seeking a Fire Alarm Technician to join our Louisville, KY. service team. This role is crucial to the success of our service operations team, providing support in a variety of ways to ensure that our customers’ systems provide a safe environment in their buildings.
· Assists in performing technical support program (TSP) tasks to include visual and functional testing on fire detection systems and field devices in accordance with all national (NFPA) and local (AHJ) standards.
· Maintains complete and accurate documentation of tests performed.
· Assists in responding to service calls (emergency and on-site).
· Provides needed assistance with troubleshooting techniques and performs minor repairs as directed.
· Assists and observes installing new fire life safety systems and wiring techniques.
· Performs minor repairs as directed.
· Tests life safety systems and provides clear and timely documentation on the results
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 2+ years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products
· NICET II Fire Alarm Certification required (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) within 24 months of hire.
· Kentucky State Fire Alarm License (FAL).
· Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills.
· Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs. Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
· Must have valid state drivers license and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.