Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Field OperationsRequisition Number:
United States-Alabama-PelhamAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
High School Diploma / (GED)Travel Required:
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Performs assigned tasks on Fire and Sprinkler Life Safety systems. Tasks to include repair, as well as visual and functional testing on fire sprinkler risers and field equipment in accordance with all national and local standards. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed.
Experience in fire alarm and sprinkler testing preferred. Basic knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems, and sprinkler system layout is preferred but not required. Responsible for providing inspection, testing and preventive maintenance service for fire sprinkler equipment to comply with NFPA 25 Standards as well as state and local codes; completing required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations; performing and/or coordinating work for compliance.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Minimum 2 years experience performing fire sprinkler inspection, testing and maintenance service and/or installation.
• Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
• NICET Level II Certificated in Sprinkler Inspection and Testing. (Equivalent experience will be considered if candidate is pursuing NICET Level Certification.)
• Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings.
· Must have working knowledge of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler Systems and layout. Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
· Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
· Valid State Driver’s License
· Strong customer service skills.
· Good verbal and written communications skills. Skilled in the PC applications.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Experience with fire alarm systems is preferred. Knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems and basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities is a plus.
• Fire pump and/or backflow prevention device inspection and testing experience highly desired