Commercial Project Manager
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 230172
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
Siemens Mobility Rail Automation is expanding its Finance team and we’re looking for a mid-level Commercial Project Manager to work with the Project Management team in our Louisville, KY facility. Here, you’ll be responsible for all commercial aspects related to customer contracts starting with the sales phase up to and including the project execution phase.
In this role, you will be fully responsible for financial and commercial management (costs, revenue, and cash flow) throughout the entire life of the project. This will entail sales controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting, and reporting. In this challenging role, you’ll also need to interact with our Customers, Suppliers, Project Managers/Engineers, Procurement, Legal, Finance Management, and internal/external Auditors.
- Financially set up projects in line with project budget and contract. You will also set up financial performance plans for projects during sales phase and manage throughout project execution phase. Provide insights of project performance to Director of Commercial Project Management and VP of Projects during project reviews.
- Monitor revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, forecasted costs vs planned. Ensure compliance of revenue and cost recognition with Siemens accounting policies under US-GAAP / IFRS, as well as compliance with internal controls, i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley, export control, LoA, and signature authorities.
- Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling, reconciliation of project cash flow and constant deviation analysis. Ensure data integrity between SAP back-end and specific front-end tools.
- Support the responsible Project Manager on any change management issues (variations). Then, obtain verification and approval of variations prior to submittal to the customer ensuring appropriate costing and pricing - in accordance with PM@Siemens Guidelines.
- Assess risks and opportunities (and their impact) either in the risk register and/or in the gross margin and suggest ways to prevent negative margins.
- Implement and drive measures to improve the project performance through claims and variation management.
- Timely issuing invoices to manage A/R and project cash flow.
- Drive Procurement (with Project Manager) by ensuring that purchase orders are based on the best available bids and are within budget.
- Ensure consistent terms and conditions with suppliers/subcontractors in line with the end-customer contract and actively communicate with them throughout the project.
- Coordinate requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances, taxes, sureties) to achieve contract commitments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline (Finance/Accounting) or advanced degree.
- Typically 3-5 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Understanding of US-GAAP/IFRS guidelines
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Commercial Project Manager with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!