Business Development Manager - Fire Safety Services - Building Technologies - Major US City
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 230182
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Other Locations: United States-California-Sacramento, United States-Missouri-Kansas City, United States-Iowa-Cedar Rapids, United States-Florida-Tampa, United States-California-Cypress, United States-California-Hayward, United States-New Jersey-Florham Park, United States-Minnesota-Shoreview, United States-Nebraska-Omaha, United States-Arizona-Phoenix, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Kentucky-Louisville, United States-Massachusetts-Canton, United States-Pennsylvania-Blue Bell, United States-Kansas-Lenexa, United States-Texas-Austin, United States-Nevada-Las Vegas, United States-Missouri-Saint Louis, United States-Georgia-Norcross, United States-Oregon-Beaverton, United States-Virginia-Richmond, United States-Wisconsin-Milwaukee, United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque, United States-Maryland-Baltimore, United States-Maryland-Beltsville, United States-Pennsylvania-Mechanicsburg, United States-Connecticut-Cromwell, United States-Michigan-Plymouth, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-Tennessee-Memphis, United States-Colorado-Littleton, United States-Washington-Issaquah, United States-District of Columbia-Washington, United States-Florida-Orlando, United States-Virginia-Fairfax, United States-Indiana-Indianapolis, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Kentucky-Louisville, United States-New York-Syracuse, United States-Florida-Miramar, United States-Texas-Irving, United States-Maine-Scarborough, United States-Oklahoma-Oklahoma City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 50%
The Business Development Manager will lead Fire Safety Service business development activities for the Enterprise Zone by uncovering and developing sales opportunities through relationships with end users and facility management companies. This role will report directly to the Building Technologies Zone Sales Manager and is a home office based position.
Working with sales resources throughout the country, this individual is expected to generate and manage a large number of highly qualified opportunities for Building Technologies Fire Safety Services. At the direction of this individual, assigned Area resources will handle technical and proposal responsibilities while this individual focuses on developing and establishing strong ongoing relationships with key stakeholders, contracting personnel, and owners. This individual shall be an expert on Siemens existing contracting vehicles and strategies and shall work to favorably position Building Technologies for new fire service business.
• Allow the Sales Executives /Account Managers to respond to qualified opportunities in a timely and knowledgeable manner.
• Allow Siemens Industry, Building Technologies to increase its visibility and attain a leadership position image with the Fire Service.
• Develop business opportunities and generate sales volume.
• Develop projects to enhance the company’s probability of success through price and preference.
• Neutralize or put competition at a disadvantage.
• Supports Area and Zone sales management with strategic planning and forecasting.
• Maintains technical competence of company’s products, applications and services.
• Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organization and affiliations.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory approval ratings and to create outstanding customer value.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
8-10 years expert knowledge of Fire Safety Services
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Effective use of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for sponsorship.