Technical Account Manager
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 230246
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
• Lead technical campaigns coordinating Siemens and partnering resources to win new business including the development and delivery of presentations, demonstrations, proof of concepts, proposals, business and technology and status review
• Establish and build a trusted advisor relationship from both a business and technical perspective with major accounts, sales executives, and technical resources
• Maintain a dashboard of all active customer opportunities with status, effort, maturity, selection criteria, business case maturity, etc.
• Document and share best practices and customer success stories within the vertical, business unit and across the PL organization
• 5+ years of new product introduction, technical consulting or support experience in PLM (Product Lifecycle Management), which includes performing proof of concepts, defining requirements and scope deployment, as well as being part of the selection process.
• Must have been a Lead in the deployment, along with above mentioned hands-on responsibilities.
• BS/BA in an engineering or manufacturing-related discipline
• Must have recent experience leading and managing teams of technical and business consultants from within, and outside of their formal organization
• Must be open to an average of 50% travel, almost exclusively domestic
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Understanding and experience in working with Electronic and/or Mechanical Computer Aided Design (ECAD/MCAD) tools and processes
• Understanding and experience in the new product introduction (NPI) process successfully deploying complex products to manufacturing
• Proven record of ability to present technology solutions in front of groups while incorporating specific selling techniques.
• Proven record of ability to generate, present and defend business value justification in front of groups while incorporating specific selling techniques.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.