Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant V - Electronics- PLM USA
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 230246
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
• This candidate will be responsible to establish and build a trusted advisor and credible business and technical consultant relationship with specific clients and sales executives
• Oversee and guide the client in the selection of appropriate solutions and suites of technology
• Gather and advise the customer in the definition of high level business and technical requirements
• Provide guidance and mentoring on the technical capabilities and business value of their current and proposed Siemen solution portfolio
• Document client information technology infrastructure and understand the customer’s key infrastructure strategy, business drivers and challenges
• Lead the development and delivery of presentations, demonstrations, proof of concepts, proposals and business and technology status reviews (e.g., TRBs, MRBs)
• Develop a strong high-level knowledge of the entire breadth of Siemens' digital enterprise product design and manufacturing portfolio
• Manage customer technical queries and coordinate the resources that respond
• Support account managers and pre-sales resources in defining and executing on sales opportunities
• Setup and coordinate regular client technical and management review boards
• Lead the team response to client requests for information (RFI, etc.), proposals (RFP, RFQ, etc.), demonstrations and proof of concept exercises
• Record and distribute results of client meetings and subsequent agreements
• Maintain a dashboard of all active customer opportunities with status, effort, maturity, selection criteria, business case maturity, etc.
• Document and share best practices and customer success stories within the vertical, BU and across the PL organization
• Must have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical support experience in PLM space, which includes doing the proof of concepts, defining the requirements and scope of PLM Solutions deployment, as well as being part of the selection process.
• Must have been a Lead in the deployment, along with above mentioned hands-on responsibilities.
• BS/BA in a engineering or manufacturing-related disciplne
• Recent knowledge of semiconductor design and manufacturing methods and processes
• Must have recent experience leading and managing teams of technical and business consultants from within, and outside of their formal organization
• Must be open to an average of 25% travel, almost exclusively domestic
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Understanding of the Mentor Graphics tools used in the Semiconductor IC vertical
• 2 + years of successful expertise in digital enterprise space.
• Experience as a pre-sales consultant in the PLM space
• MS/MBA in related field
• Proven record of ability to present technology solutions in front of groups while incorporating specific selling techniques.
• Proven record of ability to generate, present and defend business value justification in front of groups while incorporating specific
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.