Software Engineer - Advanced- C++/HPC
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 230248
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-State College
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Siemens PLM is seeking a Software Engineer - Advanced to contribute to
our Simulation Framework team. The primary focus of this team is the
development of high quality software that serves as an underlying
framework for other parts of the STAR-CCM+ simulation product such as
mesh generation and physics. Specific technologies within this group
include core data structures, high performance storage and I/O, and
numerical methods. As a member of this team you will be expected to
contribute both to maintenance of existing code and development of new
features based on user requests and internal ideas. All code written
should be well designed, high quality, and robust.
As a member of the team, your specific responsibilities will include:
• Support the maintenance of our existing capability (bug fixing, code
• Developing new features based on user requests and internal ideas.
• Participating in regularly scheduled team conference calls by
contributing ideas to drive innovation in our technology.
• Participating in periodic in person meetings to plan for future
releases (approximately 1-2 trips per year).
• Supporting other developers through code review
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Candidates applying for this position are required to have the
following skills and experience:
• Master’s Degree or higher in a related field (computer science,
applied mathematics, or engineering) or significant post-graduate
• At least 3 years of professional software development experience in a
• Expertise in object-oriented C++ software development
• Experience developing core data structures and other software
frameworks underlying complex software applications using modern design
patterns and principles
• Experience in high performance parallel computing
• Understanding of computational methods in mathematics and
engineering, such as numerical integration, interpolation, and
• Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development
including source control and collaborative design and code reviews.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
In addition, the following skills and experience would be beneficial
for the applying candidate:
• Experience using modern computer architectures, including
• Experience with high performance file systems, I/O, and database
• Familiarity with computational simulation such as CFD and FEA.