Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Region AmericasRequisition Number:
United States--Assignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market
leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly
buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and
system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection;
life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation,
and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995,
Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide,
including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center
Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and
the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is searching for a mid-level Project Developer to provide project development and analysis support for photovoltaic applications for large energy consumers, primarily in the manufacturing, healthcare, municipal and higher education market sectors. We are looking for independent and driven team players that are interested in joining a stable industry incumbent that is investing heavily into expanding its Distributed Energy offering.
Candidates should have demonstrable experience developing ground mount, roof mount and carport applications, ideally across multiple states.
The position will primarily provide project development, analysis and financial modeling support prior to the creation of permit design sets. The candidate should have a strong ability to quickly evaluate a new project opportunity and provide support to define and advance the opportunity to a more mature state, which will include site evaluations, array layouts, PVSYST simulations, technology selection, preliminary costing, financial modeling, interconnection validation, incentive review, fatal flaw analysis and issue tracking. Candidates should possess strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate with both sales and operations functions.
Ability to identify and understand state level solar incentive programs is a must. Existing familiarity with solar incentives programs across the US is a plus.
Preferred candidates also will have strong quantitative skills and an adequate understanding of project economic analysis and financial modeling. General knowledge of distributed energy technologies including energy storage, distributed generation, combined heat and power is a plus.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Minimum BS in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or related energy industry field; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of project development and or industry experience specifically in the distributed energy/solar field.
- NABCEP certification is preferred.
- PVSYST modeling experience is required.
- Highly organized with an ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Team player – ability to collaborate with others to achieve mutual objectives.
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interface with customers at the executive level.
- Willingness and ability to travel for project assignments when necessary. Up to 25% travel possible.
- Fluent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced financial modeling skills is a plus