Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 230277
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-Roebuck
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Energy Management is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for their Spartanburg, SC plant. In this role you are expected to contribute to and deliver business processes or detailed technology solutions, in a self-managed and target oriented manner, and thus contributes to team results. You will also be focusing on analyzing, developing, testing or implementing processes, technologies and systems in their specific field of expertise, from first principles. Targets are short to medium term (best to be characterized as milestones), and achievements are monitored. They may provide functional advice to and integrate services of operational staff or semi-professional colleagues.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
* Plans equipment layout, workflow, and accidental prevention measures, and the respective processes and guidelines of production.
* Contributes to budget development, and ensures adherence to agreed budgets in Industrial Engineering.
* Develops and Implements performance measurement and improvement initiatives.
* Performs inspections and investigations, and analyzes technical manufacturing or logistics processes and sequences.
* Plans, proposes and implements improvements projects on site or unit level, sets the respective targets, budgets and personnel resources, and steers the overall project process.
* Liaises with other engineering functions or external vendors or service providers, and constantly monitors and approves respective services and work deliveries.
* Manages overall ramp-up phase of new production & test equipment, or production launch of new products. and ensures life cycle support.
* Ensures process documentation, and trains related manufacturing or maintenance staff.
* Conducts time and motions studies and derives time standards for production calculations.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Education B.S.I.E or B.S.M.E
2. 2 - 5 years minimum in a manufacturing environment as an Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer.
3. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
4. Excellent project management skills.
5. Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
6. Team oriented personality who has the ability to wrok well by themselves or on a team in an international environment.
7. Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
8. Passionate commitment to the company vision.
9. Ability to travel 5%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. AutoCad, Microsoft Office, SAP
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.