Portfolio Sales Manager - Intelligent Traffic Systems
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 230281
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miami
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Florida-Orlando, United States-Florida-Tampa, United States-Florida-Tallahassee
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
Mobility in the U.S. is in the middle of a technological revolution, and as cities and states start to plan for and implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared mobility infrastructure, they must also manage existing assets: highways, city streets, tunnels, and railway crossings that continue to be hot spots for congestion.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions is at the forefront of this revolution. Today, we are working with emergency support personnel, city planners, and transportation systems operators not only to manage their existing infrastructure and assets, but also plan for the future. Our projects focus on installing digital and physical infrastructure to help operators know what is happening and where, from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with important information about road and traffic conditions. We are also working on projects related to connected vehicle solutions (V2I) and to Mobility-as-a-Service – both integral aspects of our increasing focus on Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
It is our belief that this future hinges on reliable network communications, effective traffic management demand, and a multi-modal transport network, supported by a digital system that promotes Mobility-as-a-Service. We are looking for a forward-thinking, creative, and skilled person to join our Smart Cities team comprised of dedicated business leads and sales application engineers as we continue to grow our presence in the U.S.
The ITS team is recruiting for a Senior Program Manager in our Smart Cities Mobility group to be the Head of ITS Florida. This strategic role will support the existing solutions in the state of Florida and provide input and Siemens’ resources to carry out the strategy, business development, sales growth, and project implementation for all ITS activity in the state. The Program Manager will report to the Head of Smart Cities Mobility Portfolio. We are actively recruiting candidates to be based in Florida.
In this role, you will be focusing on Advanced Traffic Management Systems and Smart Cities Solutions - including Connected Vehicle, Autonomous Vehicle, Traffic Management, Adaptive Traffic Control and Smart Lighting. Here, you'll be generating opportunities by analyzing and managing customer requirements, developing system design documents, technical narrative, developing complete RFP responses, defining winning strategies, and outlining the benefits of Siemens’ ITS portfolio specific to the customer requirements.
Furthermore, you will be asked to lead project teams during implementation and guarantee - meeting business goals and customer satisfaction by executing complex ITS projects on time and within budget. This role requires thought leadership in the respective solution space, applying professional engineering practice in ITS industry, leadership and communication skills as well as a strong background in customer relationship management, proposal management and project management.
Candidates will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in ITS, including knowledge of market conditions and potential competitors’ activities
- A robust network of customer relationships in Florida including FDOT District heads, Miami-Dade County, Orlando, and Tallahassee and affiliated consultants. Also a plus is a network that includes major cities, counties, and departments of transportation, as well as experience working with government clients
- Experience developing and implementing a business development plan that weighs short-term revenue growth and profitability, with long-term customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Strong writing and presentation skills, preferably demonstrated through a proven track record of winning bids and leading client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings
- Problem-solving ability, including resolving customer complaints and connecting clients to Siemens ITS to solve equipment problems
- Creative, original thinking, demonstrated through examples of situations in which the candidate had an idea, and saw it through to completion
- Interfaces with customer on all project related topics, issues, and opportunities
- Ensures the implementation of sales and projects in Florida as part of the Smart Cities Mobility team
- Develops and proposes regional budgets and growth forecasts, aligned with the sales strategy
- Manages completion of budgets and regular sales reporting, as well as defines and allocates resources
- Lead customer facing activities (customer interviews, Q/A sessions, project milestone meetings, design approvals, final acceptance procedures) from bid generation to final project acceptance
- Supports and directs proposal responses by reviewing RFP requirements, designing and describing technical solutions, and other written documentation as necessary to support proposal generation efforts
- Keep up to date with the industry and gather market and competitor intelligence in the area of ITS solutions
- Presents at regional conferences on Siemens ITS technology and solutions.
- Provides specialized technical training and education
- Participates and leads in customer meetings and presentations, acting as an ITS solution lead
- Full P&L (profit and loss) responsibility to implement ITS projects and programs on time, in budget.
- You'll work directly with different internal departments (Sales, Project Management, R&D, Product Management, Procurement, Legal and Field Operations) and external partners (including distribution channel partners) to successfully deliver projects based on customer requirements and in line with Siemens business goals in time, budget and quality.
- Lead project teams and direct Subject Matter Experts, support
functions, and third party partners (including distribution channel partners)
to execute customer projects and achieve project targets.
Competencies for this job include:
- Understanding of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive signal control, transit signal priority, and connected vehicle (V2I) solutions
- Familiarity with mobility as a service offering, transportation-as-a-service or shared mobility topics
- Able to translate user
requirements into effective system designs using appropriate ITS technology
Knowledgeable in industry standards
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to develop new and innovative ideas / solutions
- Experience in business and commercial development
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Flexibility to manage diverse workload
- Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems
- Self-motivated, but also a team player
- Willing to travel ~50%
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MS Engineering, MCP City Planning or MBA preferred.
- Professional engineering (PE) certification for the State of Florida preferred
- Minimum of 10 years successful experience in the ITS industry and successful demonstration of above responsibilities
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior Program Manager ITS with Siemens ITS, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.