Director- Global Planning
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 230292
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Healthineers Point of Care Diagnostics Business line is a $700M leading provider of handheld and desktop analyzers and consumables, serving the blood gas, urinalysis and diabetes care markets globally. We are part of the Diagnostics segment that, combined with our Imaging segment and Advanced Therapies segment, make up Siemens Healthineers, a $15B world leader in medical diagnostics.
Reporting directly to the Vice President Supply Chain and Manufacturing, the Director of Global Planning will be an integral part of a global operations leadership, leading the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process to effectively balance demand and supply to deliver targeted customer service and inventory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Partner with the business leadership team to understand strategic and annual business objectives in order to translate them into specific and actionable service level and inventory targets by product and region
· Collaborate with key stakeholders in Sourcing, Manufacturing, Distribution/Logistics, Finance and IT to ensure alignment of goals and targets, efficient communication and escalation channels, and accountability for actions and performance
· Own, enforce and improve the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process within the scope of the Global Point of Care business; direct accountability for finished goods inventory in the distribution centers and matrixed accountability for raw materials and work-in-process inventory in the plants
· Champion planning as a competency both through the direct Planning staff and across the broader organization
· Collaborate with Business and Regional Sales and Marketing to support demand forecasting of both baseline statistical volume and unique event-based volume changes, and continuously improve forecast accuracy
· Collaborate with Plant Materials Management to support the capacity planning of operational resources (materials/tools/equipment/people) to ensure alignment with demand, proper contingency and surge, and suitable depth of cross-trained talent
· Collaborate with Distribution and Logistics to ensure proper planning parameters are applied, execution is monitored and new requirements are effectively designed into our supply chain flow
· Collaborate with IT to enable global visibility and smart reporting of inventory, volume and key performance metrics
· Contribute to the balanced scorecard that spans Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Performance (SQDIP)
· Promote a quality culture throughout Planning and Operations, enforcing high quality standards in the management of information flow within and between Siemens sites and business entities as it relates to demand, supply and inventory
· Champion the Healthineers Performance System as a means to drive continuous improvement, employee engagement and organizational learning; core methods will include Hoshin Kanri, Value Stream Mapping, Structured Problem Solving, Visual Management, Coaching and Healthy Dialogue
· Execute with discipline and continuously improve daily, weekly and monthly standard work in Planning to ensure proper controls, rigorous analytics and effective decision support reporting
· Develop and regularly refine an education platform to provide best practice training in Global Supply Chain Planning
Miscellaneous Operational Responsibilities
· Establish and monitor key performance metrics, notably leading indicators
· Stimulate innovation and creative problem solving by welcoming outside-in perspectives
· Promote learning from the past to strengthen and enable proactive planning
· Evaluate performance of direct reports based on leadership and results
· Ensure excellence in product quality, on time delivery, target setting and strategies for realistic new business objectives providing guidance to subordinate teams, where appropriate
· Reports directly to Vice President, Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing
· Regional and Business Sales and Marketing, Plant Materials Management, Distribution & Logistics, IT, Finance, Business Management Team
· Dynamic environment with short decision-making hierarchy and cross-functional interdependence
· Innovative leader who blends strategy, operations, technology, and analytics to produce outstanding business results.
· Confident and effective communicator with strong interpersonal and matrix team-management skills, driven to achieve goals and exceed expectations.
· Risk Mitigation orientation, capable of leading scenario planning that yields upside, nominal and downside options
· Financially astute, analytically rigorous, capable of developing frameworks to assess new situations
· Honest broker who can hold matrix stakeholders accountable to commitments and resolve conflicts based on facts
· Team player
· Understands the physics of manufacturing and distribution, as well as the dynamics of demand planning in various market types
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
· Bachelor’s degree in an analytical major. MBA is preferred.
· 15+ years of general business experience
· 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in Planning, and some hands on experience leading Sourcing, Manufacturing and/or Distribution
· Prior experience working for a company whose products and processes are FDA regulated is preferred