Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 230301
Primary Location: United States-California-Rancho Dominguez
Other Locations: United States-California-Los Angeles
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Working closely with the Controller to provide finance and accounting support to the Sub- Region Service business. The incumbent will support a partnership with Operations to deliver profitability and manage the balance sheet of Field Service, Repairs, and the Parts business of legacy Dresser Rand. This role is expected to evolve to be part of a pool of Financial Analyst supporting the entire North America Service business.
- Responsible for applying finance and accounting related practices to assigned orders (from creation to completion and close of projects)
- Must be able to provide financial support to Business Partner to Project Managers operations
- Support or lead (when required) weekly Order Review process.
- Support monthly and weekly forecasts for presentation to Regional Director.
- Full cycle accounting and month end close for assigned orders/projects, including work in process cost, revenue recognition and cost of sales, account receivables and collections, mainly.
- Support monthly Branch P&L reviews; including variance analysis to forecast and budget
- Support Inventory and Fixed Assets management ensuring proper valuation of account balance and coordinating periodic and annual inventory counts as needed.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with document retention guidelines and to foster audits and Internal Control compliance.
- Adhering to internal control guidelines and compliance with policy to ensure effective reporting and safeguarding of assets.
- Ad hoc requests from Regional Controller and USA Controller as needed
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institution
- Experience in General ledger accounting including month-end close preferred
- SAP or Oracle working knowledge preferred
- Manufacturing or Job Costing experience desired
- MS Office knowledge with strong Excel skills preferred
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and reconcile information from multiple sources/formats
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and close schedules
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem solving skills
- Must be an assertive, self-directed professional, high ethical with sound moral judgment characteristics
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States