Senior Sales Executive - Energy Services - Intelligent Traffic Systems
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 230311
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
On highways, down inner city streets, through tunnels and railway crossings - an endless stream of cars, trains, buses. Traffic is a complex, nonstop challenge for major city centers and small communities alike. Coordinating traffic, staying on top of its ebbs and flows, is a complex, demanding task for emergency support personnel, city planners and transportation system operators everywhere.
Reliable network communications are a critical necessity for monitoring and managing increasingly complex transportation infrastructures. Knowing what is happening and where, from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with important information about road and traffic conditions – effective traffic management demands intelligent transportation systems.
Siemens ITS is the leader in streetlight LED retrofits for cities and municipalities across the United States. We provide a complete solution of technical resources, leading LED technology, full turnkey services, financing, and IoT solutions.
Sr. Sales Executive; LED Street lighting -IoT - Intelligent Traffic Solutions (ITS). The primary responsibility of this role is to achieve growth in Siemens’ ITS energy services business. This business is focused on outdoor street lighting LED retrofits for cities and municipalities. The goal is to identify through energy savings justification, performance contracting and annual service agreements, and streetlight LED retrofit projects. Included in these projects are emphases on IoT technologies which support cities’ plans for smart city technology.
To succeed, you must have in-depth knowledge and experience in LED street lighting and IoT technology. You will:
-Implement an account development plan that optimizes revenue growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction and loyalty.
-Track ongoing business results compared to the plan’s established goals and execute corrective action when needed.
-Initiate / build / maintain long-term relationships with the appropriate account decision makers.
-Participate and lead client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
-Participate in the resolution of customer complaints and equipment problems.
• Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales
opportunities in assigned geographic market leveraging Siemens ITS extensive
energy and technology solution set
• Educates the customer as the subject matter expert of technology used to collect, store and analyze data. Understand the topics of LED energy savings, IoT, Data Driven Services, M&V,
• Understands and evaluates energy supply and demand side saving opportunities.
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimate, specifications and presentations as part of the sales cycle
• Supports recommended FIMs, with savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify FIMs.
• Prepares financial models related to payment including an understanding of ROI, life cycle costing and internal rate of return.
• Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts to achieve growth and profit requirements
• Creates and implements strategic sales strategies that leverage utility rebate programs to successfully position Siemens to secure targeted projects. Will be responsible for developing relationships with utilities, understand the rebates available, develop offerings that leverage the rebates, and manage/process the rebates for customers.
• Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate. Responsible to work with current sales executives to expand and create new relationships by being the Trusted Advisor and LED Streetlighting -IoT/technology subject matter expert to customers
• Possesses the skills to communicate the impact to the customer’s business objectives and develops outcome oriented service offerings to meet the business objectives
• Typical End-User decision-makers contacted include C-Level executives, VP of Operations, Directors of Facilities, Sustainability, Energy.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technology.
• At least five years of directly-related Energy Services or Engineering experience required.
• Required travel: 40%
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior Sales Executive with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen.