Staff Engineer (Requirements Engineer)
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 230316
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown, United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Requirements Engineer
Seeking a Senior Requirements Engineer to develop and maintain Design Input Requirements for new and existing products throughout the lifecycle of the instrument development process. In this role, the Requirements Engineer will be the liaison between solution, system and software architecture, design engineering, Product and Portfolio management and other business stakeholders (ex. Manufacturing and Service). This position reports to the Direct of Requirements and Risk Management. Key responsibilities of a Staff Engineer- Requirements Engineering are:
· Develop Design Input Requirements for Clinical Laboratory Instrumentation (Chemistry/Immunochemistry, Hematology), Lab Automation and Information Systems.
· Analyze Design Input elements, features, and workflows for the ability to meet business and customer needs in the context of a competitive environment.
· Participate in Scrum teams to define and prioritize features and ensure maximum product value.
· Work closely with Portfolio and Product Management and System Architects to define technical features that are required and/or mandatory for successful placement of Siemens solutions.
· Lead discussion with Portfolio and Product Management and Architectural Element Team to deliver architectural decisions and tradeoffs, with perspective of internal and external stakeholders.
· Lead the development of Software design specifications, working with Software Architects and Developers.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· Establish and maintain requirements in PLM tools
· Manage and support design change activities
· Manage platform asset knowledge capture
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, software or related field.
· Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams and drive results
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate across disciplines with influential competency
· Demonstrated skill in Agile development
· Minimum 5 years of total work experience in product development related field
· Domestic travel required (up to 20%)
· International travel possible (~<5%)
· Preferred work experience in Teamcenter, SAP P41 and/or TFS
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.