Product Engineer 2
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 230333
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Discipline: Mechanical Engineering
Role: Product Engineer 2
This is a key role within Mechanical Engineering, responsible for developing and implementing designs for new mechanical subsystems used in medical devices. Candidate will: support R&D for new and improving products; support in creating designs with robustness, performance, and SPC as a KPI’s; support management of product lifecycle through our Siemens CRB process; participate in troubleshooting and determining root cause for issues found in verification; participate in the set based design process; conceptualize and design solutions for specific engineering challenges; produce detailed drawings utilizing GD&T and GEO best practices; adopt and execute an ownership culture. This Product Engineer 2 role will work with Manufacturing, Procurement, Suppliers, Service, and Quality to come up with novel and inventive solutions for cost effective mechanical subsystems and assemblies.
· Work within a cross-functional team to develop quality, manufacturable, testable, and lowest cost mechanical designs.
· Conceptualize and design solutions
· Produce detailed drawings utilizing GD&T and GEO best practices
· Participates in the preparation of semi-complex sketches, design layouts, and other specifications.
· Drive Engineering excellence by executing and participating in Siemens Center of Excellence activities and Design to Shelf initiatives (DFSS, Set Based Design, Logical Decision making, Creating Knowledge briefs, etc…).
· Supports cross-functional teams in a collaborative environment
· Work with Suppliers to address technical issues with designs.
· Support Engineering changes through the Siemens design change process (CRB).
· Participates in preparing prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility
· Support detailed engineering analysis of new and existing designs to verify robustness and design intent.
· Design of sheet metal, machined, cast, and injection molded parts as well as mechanisms and assemblies.
· Participate in drafting and design reviews with a cross-functional team.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (master’s degree a plus)
- Must have experience with thermal and motion control systems (mechatronics).
- 3-5 years of industry experience in product design, development, and manufacturing with technical background in mechanical assemblies that are related to motion control and structures
- Experience working with suppliers of sheet metal, machined, cast, and injection molded mechanical parts to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Must have proficiency in 3D CAD design software (NX preferred).
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…)
- FEA and CFD software experience a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- GD&T skills and the ability to perform tolerance stack-ups on complex assemblies.
- Proficiency with ASME Y14.5 standards
- Experience with processes FMEA and DFMA
- Travel: 5-10%