Procurement Engineer 4
Business Unit: Strategic Procurement
Requisition Number: 230350
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Procurement Engineer 4
The purpose of this role is to be a leading member of the Global New Product Procurement (GNPP) team. As part of the strategic procurement organization, the GNPP team provides a bridge between manufacturing, new product development, R&D, and commodity management.
• Operates as procurement lead on cross functional teams (R&D, QA, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, New Product Development) with the responsibility of delivering a strategically aligned supply chain
• Lead supplier involvement activities on all key development projects
• Drives collaborative design to cost, DFMA activities with suppliers and design teams
• Participates in commercial evaluations of new and existing suppliers
• Executes the request for quotation, supplier selection, and material tracking process to support the pre-production builds for new product development projects
• Provides make versus buy analysis for complex assemblies containing multiple technologies/materials
• Strong Project Management skills and the ability to drive supplier change projects on a cross-functional basis
• Familiarity with various manufacturing concepts (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or equivalent)
• Understanding of various supplier manufacturing technology and processes, supplier controls and industry standards. Specialist knowledge of particular related commodities would be an advantage (electronics, metal fabrication/machining, plastic molding, etc)
• Proven negotiation and influencing skills with suppliers, with demonstrative results in securing competitive pricing and overall terms and conditions
• Demonstrated experience establishing strong business relationships with suppliers and influencing decisions
• Prior experience working in a new product development environment
• Excellent oral communications and business writing skills
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and quality related documents
• Strong collaboration and persuasion/influencing skills
• Typically 8-12 years of experience in medical device, automotive, aerospace, or related field
• Primary degree in a relevant engineering or business discipline; Advanced degree may be substituted for experience where applicable
Procurement, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Commodity Manager